I got this idea from a fellow third grade teacher. She made a larger version for a book report. This is a dodecahedron dedicated to reviewing fraction concepts. Students will review ...
- partitioning fractions
- naming fractions
- shading to show a fraction (area model)
- plotting fractions on a number line (with area model help)
- plotting fractions on a number line (no area model)
- comparing fractions on a number line
- equal sharing problems
- finding equivalent fractions
- changing a fraction to a whole number
Wow! That's a lot in one little project. I plan to have students complete the 6 pages in pencil. No coloring or cutting will be allowed until I check to make sure all work was done correctly. Below is a look at the 6 circle cut outs..
After all circles are cut out - you fold on the sides and glue! I don't have much detailed directions ;) Below is a picture of what it looks like when you start putting the circles together.